Edinburgh Dermatopathology Tutorial 2017
organized by T Brenn, K Flux and J Goodlad
The Edinburgh Dermatopathology Tutorial is an annual course designed to provide a practical approach to different topics in Dermatopathology, delivered by extensive self study ahead of the meeting using virtual microscopy (scanned glass slides) and detailed discussion of a large and varied selection of cases by a group of internationally renowned tutors at the course. Discussion will be based around the individual diagnosis in the broader context of differential diagnosis. In a relaxed atmosphere participants will be encouraged to participate in the discussion. Electronic copies of all case discussions and lectures will be made available after the course. The course is suited to Pathologists with an interest in Dermatopathology as well as practising Dermatopathologists and Dermatologists and Pathologists in training preparing for the British Diploma, the International Board Certification and/or the American Board examination in Dermatopathology.
June 08 and 09, 2017.
Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Hotel, Edinburgh, Scotland.
The course tutors are:
- Chris Fletcher, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA.
- Thomas Wiesner, Graz, Austria.
- Eduardo Calonje, St John’s Institute of Dermatology, London, UK.
- Nicolas de Saint Aubain, Brussels, Belgium.
- John Goodlad, Leeds Haematological Malignancy Service, Leeds, UK.
- Katharina Flux, Laboratory for Dermatohistology, Munich, Germany.
- Thomas Brenn, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
This year’s course includes updates on:
- Cutaneous Soft Tissue Tumours
- Melanocytic Tumours
- Lymphoproliferative Disorders
- Case selection covering a broad spectrum of inflammatory and neoplastic disorders.
- June 8, 2017
07.30 – 8.00 Registration and Welcome.
08.00 – 10.00 Soft Tissue Tumours; Thomas Brenn.
10.00 – 10.30 Coffee.
10.30 – 12.00 Soft Tissue Tumours; Chris Fletcher.
12.00 – 13.00 Lunch.
13.00 – 14.30 Soft Tissue Tumours; Chris Fletcher.
14.30 – 15.00 Coffee.
15.00 – 16.30 Soft Tissue Tumours ; Nicholas de Saint Aubain.
16.30 – 17.30 Panniculitis, Katharina Flux.
19.30 Course Dinner.
- June 9, 2017
08.00 – 9.30 Interesting Cases; Eduardo Calonje.
09.30 – 10.00 Coffee.
10.00 – 11.30 Interesting Cases; Eduardo Calonje.
11.30 – 12.30 Genetics of Melanocytic Tumours , Thomas Wiesner.
12.30 – 13.30 Lunch.
13.30 – 14.30 Genetics of Melanocytic Tumours , Thomas Wiesner.
14.30 – 15.00 Coffee.
15.00 – 17.00 Cutaneous Lymphomas, John Goodlad.
17.00 Concluding Remarks.
Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Hotel,
5-21 Grosvenor Street,
Inscripción y mayor información: